Beautiful weather, fresh food, and community are just a few of the reasons why farmers' markets are so appealing. Need more reasons why you should check out your local market this summer? Or perhaps you want to know where to find them in Snohomish County? Keep on reading!
Here are a few reasons why Farmers' Markets make a great family activity:
1. Enjoy fresh organic produce. All Farmers' Markets now accept the EBT/SNAP benefits at produce stands! Use your EBT card as you do at the grocery store. Swipe and eat!
2. It gets your children involved. Check out the Nation-Wide POP Kids Club (Power of Produce) available at most farmers' markets in Snohomish County! The POP club is available at most markets across the nation. Participating markets provide a free activity for kids that encourages learning about farm-fresh fruits and veggies. After completing the activity, kids will receive $2.00 in POP tokens to spend at the market on produce. This might help encourage healthy eating at your dinner table! Sign up for the POP Kids Club at your local market.
3. Support local vendors. Vendors work hard all year to produce one-of-a-kind products for you. Vendors include farmers, food-makers, local flower farmers, vendors who make unique jewelry, soaps, candles, blankets, even organic dog treats. There is something for everyone!
4. Connect with your community. Share ideas, get inspired, meet people.
5. Most markets have food trucks, or live music playing. Grab a blanket and plan to relax on the lawn while the kids dance.
For more information on local Snohomish County Farmers' Markets, click on the images below: